Pages

Photography

Monday 7 November 2011

Should your e-mail address change...

So...

You work for a company and sign up to MSDN forums.  Naturally you don't use your home address, that would be silly / geeky (geek between work-hours only, where ever possible) so you use your work one.  You ask questions, get some replies... you may even answer some and get your spangly awards.  But what happens if you leave your employer?


I found myself in such a situation today.  I didn't really want to let go of my MSDN persona (fairly insignificant though it is) but how do you change your LiveID / email logon??  At present, basically.. you don't...


Ladies and Gentlegums, I proudly present the following, found on the very same forums...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/how-to-request-your-email-or-live-id-changed-on-an-msdn-or-technet-profile.aspx

I'm not sure if it will work for me, as my old address is already dead, but very useful if you know change is coming.

All this leads me nicely into my next post...

1 comment: